Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Hole behind molar teeth, discomfort while eating. Cause?

I have a hole behind my right molar. It s been there for around a month or so (that i ve noticed, at the very least). It makes eating sometimes difficult because, if food gets into it, it hurts. I can t figure out what caused it. There was no extreme pain, or any kind of problems with my teeth in the past that might ve led to this. I ve never even had a cavity. I take relatively good care of my teeth and mouth, so it s a mystery to me how this hole came to be. The area around the hole does not look too inflamed.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  802
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
which molar is it ? is it the third molar ? i urge all the patients to please be specific about what they write as to where the hole is . is it on the tooth or is it the skin flap which has been caused due to eruption of the third molar ?
if the cavity is on the tooth don't be surprised , it can happen even after stringent oral hygiene.
and even if it is due to third molar , go to a dentist and consult him regarding xrays and further treatment whether filling or root canal treatment,.
Answered: Thu, 1 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Geoffrey Ward's  Response
Hello and thank you for your question.

Most likely this is caused by your wisdom tooth coming through and has caused a hole to form in the gingiva where it is trying to enter your mouth. You should go to your dentist to be evaluated and see if this is the case or if you have a chronic abscess. You should get a radiograph too to see if there is something under the gums.


Dr. Ward
Answered: Thu, 1 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Tushar Bandiwadekar's  Response
it must be your wisdom tooth erupting, which can only be confirmed after takin a xray of tat region.
Answered: Sat, 3 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor