Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

High heart beats and dizziness. What could be the reason for this?

my dad has heart problems. and is heart beats are way to fast and he gets dizzy and very scared all the time. and now he is very skinny. he had to get surgery for it what is all this called?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  210
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
There are a range of different heart problems which can be rectified or managed with surgery which can cause the symptoms you describe. I'm afraid you'll have to give more details or ask your fathers Doctor. Perhaps you are talking about SVT (supra ventricular tachycardia), if medication fails to prevent episodes and they are really becoming a problem then sometimes catheter ablation is suitable for some types of SVT. This involves a wire being passed into the chambers of the heart, via a vein in the groin. The tip of the wire is used to destroy the small section of heart tissue which is triggering the abnormal electrical impulses. This sort of procedure will only work if an exact location is isolated with tests so it can be found by the catheter tip and destroyed.
Answered: Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor