Hi I'm 22 years old. I'v had a phimosis for

Hi I'm 22 years old. I'v had a phimosis for all my life now. Like 5 months ago I noticed a hard lump on the side of my penis (not the glans, just side around the middle of the penis lenght). At first I didn't pay a lot of attention, but the lump is still there and I started to worry. Also I noticed that my foreskin is darker than the rest of my penis.

I went to see a doctor just recently and he told me that I must have an operation (circumcision) - will do it next week.
But since I have had phimosis for all my life so I couldn't clean under foreskin, and now I got this lump and dark foreskin I'm starting to worry about penial cancer (god, I hope not).

Please tell me that there can be other causes for the dark foreskin and lump...
Mon, 14 May 2018