Hi, I have diabetes. 2 wks. ago I injured my

Hi, I have diabetes. 2 wks. ago I injured my left foot. I hit the top of my ankle on a metal step-stool while getting out of the car. I injured area immediately swelled.
When I got home, I elevated my L. foot and leg, and placed ice on it. I repeated the next day.
As of today, my three middle toes are black & blue at the base, my foot is b & b on all sides, and the bruising goes up my shin close to my knee.
Quite painful. I can rotate my foot and walk on it. Except if I try to walk fast or maybe 50 ft. it hurts so bad I broke into tears.
Do I need to be more concerned because of the diabetes?
Sun, 21 Oct 2018