Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Hernia, bulging stomach after coloplasty. Any suggestions?

Hi, My father had 2 surgeries for replacing the eosophagus with colon ,called coloplasty(not sure about the exact name) it took 6 months for the stitches to heal for lack of protein .Now because of these surgeries,he has developed a kind of hernia ,where his stomach bulges out,so now he is using belts to tighten the stomach for bulging it out. please suggest some suggestions,shall he need to go for another surgery for hernia. thanks, ramesh,hyderabad india.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi your father has had INCISIONAL HERNIA and that means Hernia(Bulging) at the SITE of Operation which can occur due to various reasons.Hernia has SURGERY as the ONLY OPTION for cure however NOT all hernias need surgery.Large hernias need to be operated either open surgery or by Laparoscopic surgery. Depending upon the status of the muscle at the operating site one may or may not need to put a MESH to strengthen the wall and secure the sutures so that the recurrances can be avoided or reduced.If surgery is imminent,it is better to do the hernia repair before it keeps progressing to a size that becomes unmanageable or difficult to manage so do get back to your doctor or GI specialist or Lap Surgeon and get the right choice implemented .
Best wishes
Answered: Mon, 7 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor