Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Hemorrhoids, anal sex, treatment

I am a male who has had hemorrhoids that come & go since I was 17. I am now middle aged. Most of the time they don t bother too much, but they often itch . However, I dearly love being the recipient of anal sex. But attempting this causes great pain & stirs up my hemorrhoids for about 2 weeks. I have tried all kinds of lube & selected partners who are slow & gentle, but I always end up with the same painful results. I believe I have hemorrhoids both inside & outside of my anus . Hemorrhoids run in my family. What type of surgery or procedure can I have done, so that I can go back to enjoying my favorite activity (bottom boy for anal sex)?
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  700
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
A number of surgical techniques may be used if conservative medical management fails. 
Hemorrhoidectomy is a surgical excision of the hemorrhoid used primarily only in severe cases. 
Doppler-guided, transanal hemorrhoidal dearterialization is a minimally invasive treatment using an ultrasound doppler to accurately locate the arterial blood inflow. These arteries are then "tied off" and the prolapsed tissue is sutured back to its normal position. 
Stapled hemorrhoidectomy, or, more properly, stapled hemorrhoidopexy, is a procedure that involves the resection (removal) of much of the abnormally enlarged hemorrhoidal tissue.It is generally less painful than complete removal of hemorrhoids, and is associated with faster healing compared to a hemorrhoidectomy.
You must consult your surgeon and discuss the various surgical options with him and opt for the procedure which suits you the best.
Answered: Tue, 15 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor