Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Hello....I have a gorgeous 7 year old son who has

Hello....I have a gorgeous 7 year old son who has a wild, heightened sense of smell It is affecting him at school as he can not eat in the outside courtyard (with about 500 kids all at once) he smells all the mingled aromas of food and it makes him throw up...HELP, Please
Asked On : Sat, 26 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
By Ayurvedic point of view ,your son has problem of Disturbance or imbalance of Vata Dosha.
Ayurved has a special treatment of Panchakarma by which problems related with sense centers can be treated accurately.Nasya(putting few drops of medicated oil or home made ghee in nostrils) is a good treatment for ur son.
Nasya should be done regularly at evening or before sleeping.
For your more information, this problem have astrological solution also.
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hi.ur son may b suffering from something known as SPD sensory processing disorder in which an absolutely normal child can have increased or decreased activity of one of his special senses like hearing touch smell etc.kindly consult an occupation therapist experienced in pediatric cases or a pediatric neurologist. Its nothing to worry though as long as it doesnt trouble him.thanx
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor