Headache in the temporal region after fish bone removal, no remnants, hypertensive, diabetic. Reason for headache?

sir, i am a dental student, recently a case of fish bone stuck on a palatal exostosis in relation to 27 which was removed by the patient 2 weeks ago. the patient complaints of headache on the left temporal region. traumatic ulcer on palatal exostosis was diagnosed. IOPA 25, 27 was taken(26 missing) and also a maxillary occlusal radiograph. no obvious remnant of fish bone seen. the patient is diabetic as well as hypertensive. is it necessary to do a periodontal surgical exploration? or prescribing antibiotics to prevent secondary infection of the ulcer and put the patient under observation is sufficient? and what is the reason for headache to occur in such case? is it referred pain or is it genuinely a headache due to severe pain? your help is highly appreciated.
Mon, 15 Apr 2013