Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Head pain, visual disturbances. Had concussion. Should I seek medical attention?

4 weeks ago I was assaulted and had a pretty serious concussion and possible forehead fracture . I don t remember anything about the incident, I don t remember even interacting with the person prior to the assault. I was hit with an object as indicated by the dent on my forehead (still present with some swelling ) and the black eye (which has since gone away). I was unconscious for an unknown amount of time. I was swimming in a pool and the next thing I remember was comming to in a friends car approximately 2 hours later, bloody and disoriented. My friend pulled up to their home, got out of the car and apparently I got out of the car and walked off. I walked the streets for hours, barefoot, not knowing where I was (I only remember bits and pieces) I ended up miles away from where I began walking. I must have made a phone call (I don t remember) because another friend of mine picked me up (later said they were looking for me for hours). I was bloody, barefoot and wearing a bathing suit with a tee-shirt and I was not in a safe neighborhood. My friend said my pupils were unevenly dilated. Anyway....I refused to seek medical attention and have been experiencing terrible aura headaches , tension headaches and pain where the mark on my head is. I get sharp pains on the right side of my head, and visual disturbances ( floaters , flashes, blurriness). I know that I should have seeked medical attention, but I was not right in the head (literally). I m tired all the time (I slept for hours and took naps for hours every day for 2 weeks) and have these headaches everyday. It s been 4 weeks, should I seek medical attention or is this just part of post concussion syndrome? Should I be worried about internal bleeding?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

In view of the symptoms, I would surely think beyond concussion. There are chances of internal bleed, particularly since you had uneven dilated pupils.I think you should see doctor sooner and get CT scan done.

Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor