Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Head hit, unable to turn, when i rubbed my had it was pink, red it sunk. Cure for symptoms?

Yesterday around 10 i was smoking and fainted. My 2 friends told me i hit the back of my head on concrete really hard i cant turn my head to the sides too much as if i slept wrong and my upper back hurts i came home and wet a paper towel and rubbed my head where it hurt when i saw the paper and it was a color between pink and red i also felt my head and it sunk in a bit should i be worried?? I feel good just the pain that i have
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.

Based on the description, you seem to have suffered a mild head injury along with scalp hematoma (accumulation of blood under the scalp). However, in view of brief loss of consciousness, we need to exclude an internal brain injury. So, I would suggest you to get a CT scan of the brain done at some point of time. However, I would like to point out that there is no emergency at this point.

If you develop severe headache, vomiting, fits, weakness of arms or legs, or double vision, then, you should visit the ER and get an urgent CT scan of brain done.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any further information.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Answered: Wed, 16 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor