Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Having pain in ankle. Suspected for arthritis. Should I go for specialist advice?

I have pain in my ankle from multiple past injuries to the same location. Pain is severe in an area where there is a known bone spur (at the base of the tibia ) on the top inside of my ankle. I ve been told I probably have arthritis as it commonly develops after repeated injuries. Is it worth it to go to the doctor or just suffer through with ice and anti-inflammatories?
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
There is no need of suffering as this condition is curable. I want to see MRI of your ankle to find out. If there is any sign of ankle arthritis then I will recommend you to get arthroscopic debridement of ankle joint. This procedure is a key hole surgery and it will provide you very good benefit.
Answered: Thu, 27 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor