Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Have thyroid, high BP problem. What should I eat and what should I avoid?

good evening doc, I am 36 yrs, 5'9", 72 Kg. My TSH count is 8.89 and triglycried is 174. I am experiencing high BP, some times even upto 170/110. Presently I am taking Thyrox 25 (OD) for thyroid and Olmesar 20 (OD)for BP. BP is under control . What should I eat and what should I avoid eating. I am serving in an High altitude area.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Your triglycerides is slightly above normal of 150 mg/dl.
If a triglyceride is greater than 200 mg/dl then there is an increased risk of complications.

It has been found diets high in refined carbohydrates increase the triglyceride level so if you can reduce your use of simple sugars, cakes , pastries, sodas for example.
Using foods high in omega 3 would help with triglycerides and also may help with heart health. This would include fish such as herring, makerel, sardines, tuna and salmon.

Exercise would help with both the triglycerides and blood pressure readings.

I hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor