Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have stones in gallbladder. Surgery is required. Will there be any problem after removal?

My wife has 2 stones in gallbladder the largest being 13mm, so we were thinking to undergo surgery to remove this, wanted an opinion on:
where in Bangalore its possible ?
which surgery is preferred open or ???
what will be the possible charge ??
any suggestion to contact a particular doctor ??
will there be any issue after removal??
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Arun
Thanks for the query. Now a days surgeons are preferring laperoscopic cholecystectomy which is considered perfect. Regarding charges for operation it may vary for hospital to hospitals. Many corporate hospitals are there in Bangalore. You can first consult laperscopic sergeon then you can plan further.
Thank you
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Hari Charan Perigela's  Response
In Bangalore,there are many laparoscopic surgeons who do cholecystectomy.
Laparoscopic surgery is better as big scar is avoided,patient can be discharged from hospital soon.
Charges vary from hospital to hospital.
There will be no problem after removal of gall bladder.
Nothing to worry
Please go ahead with good laparoscopic surgeon
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor