Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have stomach pain,diarrhea and vomitting. X-rays and tests fine. Treatment?

Hi i am a 24 yr old female with servere stomach pains, diarrhea vomiting and nausea . The pain started 2 weeks ago and it started with what i thought was food poisoning sulfer burps the runs and vomiting for 17 hrs. Sence then the pain has not gone away. I went to the dr and did a stool sample a ua xrays and blood work t all came back normal. The pain i am enduring is far more then pleasing. I cant sleep i cant sit up i cant walk around i cant do much of anything without pain. Ive done all liqiud diets to heopfully pass the bug . Nothing works. Pepto is the only thing that is stoping the runs and puking. I dont know where to go or what to do. Please help me so i know where i can go!
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

First of all you need to run blood work, including WBC, which will help in finding an infection if present. In the presence of an infection you will require antibiotics like ofloxacin which will help in treating the infection.

The other possibility includes conditions like acid reflux (gastroesophageal reflux disease) GERD, hiatus hernia, peptic ulcer disease, etc. These conditions will require a doctor to examine you with the help of either an endoscopy or a 24 hour acid monitoring (for GERD). These conditions can be treated by antacids, proton pump inhibitors, and aluminium/magnesium solutions.

Please visit a doctor at the earliest for an elaborate evaluation and diagnosis.

I hope this information helps. Feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.
Answered: Mon, 18 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Nupur K's  Response

Welcome to the forum. You need to visit an emergency room without loosing much time. You should be clinically examined to detect the tenderness or swelling in any part of your abdomen. It is also important to detect the degree of dehydration.

Since you are having diarrhea and vomiting you need injections and antibiotics through infusions. You need to undergo blood tests, urine/stool examinations along with USG to detect the cause of your illness.

Get admitted in a hospital, you will get fine soon. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 18 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor