Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have problems with ex, want to get over it. Is there a way to get my feelings off of this ?

Hey, I have problems with my ex. We had a relationship for about 2 years. She is a good and nice girl with nice grades and such. Now she all suddenly is on to many guys, she has hurt two of my friends really hard, thinking they would get into a relationship with her. She have started to go on parties and drink, and kiss, and let others touch her. It s been about 2 month since the break up. I am an insanely sensitive boy, and I am 16. It s hard to go at school because I see her every day, we are still friends though. It s her life, but she have changed. The way she is on to and kiss random boys at parties or talks to people in a special way, devastates me. It s so hard for me, and I don t want to live with it, and it has been like this for two months. What can I do? I don t love her anymore, I just get really hurt when she is on to others. But I think about her a lot, and I miss the time together with her. I am confused and hurt. Is there a way to get my feelings off of this? Should I ask my parents to get a psychologist? I just want it over with, I am completely devastated. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your situation. It would be in your best interest if you could get out of the relationship and officially break it off with her. Please let her know that you will be there if she needs help as her friend only, if you feel like she is on the wrong path. You deserve much better.

I hope this advise helped. Take care and have a lovely day !
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

It is common to have such feelings of confusion, desparation, etc. after a broken relationship, especially, if it has been your first one. Now, you have clearly mentioned that this girl has hurt you a lot and has has exhibited behaviour which clearly shows that she doesn't really love you. You have also made a decision that she is not the person for you. In such a case, I feel that it would be best to try and move on with life, rather than still continue to think about her behaviour and end up feeling more hurt.

If you feel that you need professional help to come out of this phase, please don't hesitate to talk to a psychologist or psychiatrist. Keep yourself active and engaged, set positive goals for yourself and start working towards them. I'm sure that you'll overcome this bad phase soon.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor