Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have irregular and fast heartbeats while smoking weed. How to prevent this?

I am 19 and I was fine smoking weed for the first couple of years. For the past couple of months, every single time I smoke my heart races and my heartbeat becomes irregular. Sometimes, I cannot even walk because my heart starts beating too fast and I feel as if I am going to pass out. I was wondering what is going on and if there is anything I can do from preventing this from happening and if there are any substantial health risks I must take into account. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The only recourse for definite cure is to stop smoking weed.
Anything else is of temporary relief and may not help in long term.
In any problem, the treatment must be directed to the cause - you know the cause / you probably have motivation. Seek medical help

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor