Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Have inflamed, painful testicle after ejaculation, veins twisted. Taken ibuprofen, subsided. Visit doctor?

is it possible to strain testicle from ejaculation? Hours after a strong ejaculation yesterday, my left testicle became quite enflamed and painful, the veins leading to it seemed to be twisted n enflamed too. I w
had to continue working as a waiter, causing much distress in the area. Very concerned, I almost went to emergency room after work, but decided to wait till today and took ibuprofen to help inflamation. This morning it has decreased alot in size and pain. should I just wait to see if it totally goes away or still go to hosptal. There is great improvement since last night. thx
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Sudden onset pain and inflammation in testicular area after ejeculation should not be ignored. Although the pain subsided after anti-inflammatory drugs still I would advise you to go to ER and get your testicles checked. Some times sudden torsion occur in testes and it may present with severe pain and respond to medicines. But if not corrected or persist for long time it may lead to gangrene to testes. So please visit ER and get yourself checked.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor