Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have inflamed hair follicle on pubic bone, not healing. Do not want scar

I had (what I was told was) an inflamed hair follicle on top of my pubic bone rupture almost 3 years ago. The wound has still not healed. It goes through these cycles where it appears to be healing , only to swell and rupture again. The inflamed area around it has now become larger and harder. Unfortunately, the area always appears to be in the healing state every year when I go to have my PAP smear so my doctor is always dismissive about it. I think the wound needs to be more than just drained as it does that naturally by itself. Some kind of removal of the tissue might be in order. Naturally, I don t want a huge scar in that area so I m wondering if I need to go see a cosmetic surgeon , dermatologist, or another gynecologist. I ve actually had 2 gynecologists dismiss the issue saying that the area wasn t serious enough to put me on antibiotics and that it would heal. But I mean like, it s been 3 years. I haven t been sexually active in all that time because of the embarrassment. It s nothing sexually transmitted (I m tested every year during my well woman s exam/PAP) just a skin lesion, I guess you would call it. Whatever it is, it s gross and not attractive at all.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query to HCM.
You seem to be having some benign hair follicle tumour at pubic area. This need to be completely taken for histo path exam. The wound can be sutured without scar formation. Please check with your dermatologist.
Prasad PVS
Answered: Tue, 1 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor