Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have hirschsprungs disease. Looped ilieostomy done, failed pull through procedure. Going for reverse treatment. Success rate?

Hi my son has hirschsprungs desease and he has had one pullthrough already it didn t work due to strichting i did dilatation but he still didnt go so they gave him a looped ilieostomy had that for a year went for review and said everythink looks good and want to reverse i just want to know what are the chances it will work now and what could go wrong thank you michael armstrong and my son PEYTON
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thanks for the query.
it works in most of the cases and chiildern recover very well after it. There is no need to be cocnerned at all. if he is fit enought and healthy than there shouldnt be any problem. Reverse treatment isnt complex procedure and I am sure it will be succesful. Wish you good health. Regards
Answered: Sat, 31 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor