Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have hemangiolipoma in right kidney. Can there be a blister, possible lipoma on back?

OK I have a 1cm hemangiolipoma in my right kidney (USN due in a month) I have what appears to be a small (2 cm?) blister like lipoma on my back. I had a frined take a picture of it beacuse I can t get a good look in the mirror. I am an RN and did some research and know that these lipomas can also show up in the brain and lungs so why not the skin? Isn t one question free?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  294
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Angiomyolipomas of kidneys are known to be associated with an entity called Tuberous sclerosis which can manifest with skin lesions. These are usually seen as crops on face and the angiomyolipomas also are seen in both the kidneys in such patients.
Without actually having had a look at the lesion on your back it will be difficult to predict what it could be, but it does not sound like a tuberous sclerosis lesion at present. Your being an RN makes it easy for you to understand medical literature, and thus if at next USG, your doctor picks up an enlargement of the angiolipoma or if there are fresh ones, you should be concerned and discus with your urologist as to the next step. If there is no growth of the lesion, and it is less than 2cm, i suggest you can wait and watch if you have no symptoms.
Answered: Thu, 29 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor