Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have excessive sweating from hands and feet. No medication taking till now. Is there any treatment for this?

Hello Doctor,
I have excessive sweating from my hands and feet. I am 32 yr old male and it is affecting my day to day activities. I cannot shake hands without wiping it first.
Is there any treatment for this?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
You are having Palmoplantar hyperhidrosis. If you are having increased sweating only when you are anxious or stressed then you need to see a psychiatrist. He will help you with de stressing methods, exercises and medications to help you control your anxiety. But if your sweating is present throughout, no matter whether you are anxious or not, you should see a dermatologist.
It is better to get your sugar levels and thyroid status checked. There are treatments to help you like topical application of aluminium chlorohydrate lotion, tap water iontophoresis and botox (Botulinum) injections. In my experience Iontophoresis is very effective and affordable. Botox is effective but very expensive as you need a lot of units to be injected and the results last for 4 to 6 months.
Consult a dermatologist for evaluation and treatment.
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor