Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have decreasing sperm count. Testicular biopsy shows incomplete spermatocytic arrest. Suggestions?

I am vijay,male, age 41, 9years since marriage, under treatment for 9years sperm count decreased from 20,16,12,8,4,2,0 million/ml gradually hormone normal - FSH ,prolactine cerum T4, TSH, Testosterone etc normal thyroid test.....normal sugar, pressure ,cholestrol etc normal testicular biopsy shows incomplete spermatocytic arrest clinical diagnosis : azoospermia doppler test of scrottum .... normal treatment is still going on tabs.....vitamin E, multivitamin and minerals, suhagra 100,clomphene citrate IP 25 mg,calcitrol,calsium carbonate etc
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Considering your age, the reports and the continuously declining sperm counts in spite of treatment project an unhealthy picture and an unwelcome prognosis, I am sorry to say. It is a genetic defect, a possible deletion of some of the genes in the Y chromosome. TESE, testicular sperm extraction is a procedure that is being used to investigate and hopeful of providing some management. You should consult a geneticist with the guidance of your andrologist for further management. If nothing proves useful, you may have to go for donor semen. Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 6 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor