Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
153 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Have broken foot. Taking Roxicodone. Is it safe?

I have a broken foot and I m going back to the doctor today my question is what type of painkiller will he prescribe me since I can t stomach achmephine so hydrocodone doesn t help and how long will I have to take them? I believe they changed me to roxicodone (can t spell this medication ) 5 mg every 4hrs but I don t like eating 6-8 in a day thx
Sat, 29 Mar 2014
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Drug/Medication ,   ,   ,  
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Thanks for your query
The pain killers are usually required for a week or two by that time pain is reduced to the tolerable level in most patients. You may have pain killer sticker (NUPATCH), sub lingual medicine piroxicam also help in reduction of pain, just discuss with your doctor. Rest and limb elevation also helps in reduction of pain.
Take care
Dr.chugh orthopaedic surgeon

I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I broken my foot 8 days and for the first week was in a non weight bearing cast and using crutches after a follow up appt I was given a aircast for...

Recent questions on  Morphinans

doctor1 MD

I ve got a red, itchy, numb rash on the upper, right part of my back which has been there for the past few days...yesterday I noticed it on my...

doctor1 MD

i have been in hospital with quite a bad case of tonsilitis today. i have pains in the top of my neck, my head, my ears, cheeks, and throat. i also...

doctor1 MD

My daugher who is now 8 years old, now takes valpharin 200 tablets twice a day. She is taking this drug since she was 5 1/2 years old (earlier she...

doctor1 MD

My mother taking regularly lonazep 0.5 mg tablet at bed time. Recently, she has admitted in hospital suffering from acute bronchitis. Doctor...

doctor1 MD

I am taking 4mg of naltrexone at night . It has started to strenghthen me. I have the coxsackie virus. I have taken LDN for two months. I am...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have a confidential question and need help to understand what I am taking; Can you help Are you there?? I have a family and need to take the...

doctor1 MD

I was just checking to see if a side effect of this medication could cause me to cough a lot at night.The doctor prescribed it for me to help with...