Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Have been diagnosed with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy. Have unconsciousness, tongue biting and muscle contraction. Can I discontinue medicines later?

Hello Doctor, I have been diagnosed with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy (JME), since almost 20 years now. As with this form of disease, the seizure or jerk last for few min. esp after sleep or when I am not fully awake. Over the years, I have been given Sodium Valporate based medicines like Valparin, Valence and Encorate Chrono. I have shown to some of the best doctors in this field like Dr. R.S.Wadia (Ruby Hall, Pune); Dr. Ichaporia (Jehangir Hospital, Pune); Dr. Bhat (Manipal Hospital, Bangalore) and Dr. Ashok Singhal (Apollo Hospital, Bangalore). Some 5 years back, after continous medication, I stopped the medicine and I have to face more serious consequence including falling unconscious, biting tongue and muscle contraction . That s when I realized that English medication can only control the disease and NOT cure it. Considering that taking these medications over a long time will have some side effects, I am now tempted to try alternate medication - Ayurveda - which states that it can eventually cure the disease (with ofcourse no side effects). I am told that it would be a slow process - taking many years - but eventually it would be CURED . Ayurveda doctor has clearly stated that - sudden stoppage of English medicine wont happen - but gradually over the years, we can reach a stage when it can be discontinued. I want to know what is your thoughts on the same?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
as u have jme and taking medicine since very long time as homeopath if we provide you medicine rightly selected with all your case as allopathic medicine do not cure they just control and if any strong control is withdrawn suddenly it may affect you badly so you can be treated with homeopathy with allopathic medicine for few months later you can stop your allopathic medicine as valparine and homeopathy for few months later cure you we use to handle such cases like this and have good results
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor