Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Have acne scars on face. Tried home remedies. What medication to take?

greetings!! i have very few ance scars on my cheeks and fore head which are light but are very distracting and i have tried home remedies like turmeric,multani matti etc.. but i have not found any satisfactory results. Can u suggest me any cream or medicine for the complete removal of these small red colored marks or do i need to go for any treatment. REGARDS.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi Pradeep,
Thanks for writing to us.
To treat red colored marks due to acne, you may use creams containing Kojic acid, Azelaic acid , tretinoin or Glycolic acid. With regular application of any of these creams your pigmentation due to acne will definitely improve.
If having depressed scars over the face, treatment would depend upon severity of scars
Superficial scars will require microdermabrasion or chemical peel sessions
Deep scars will require dermarollers, acne surgery or lasers.
I would advise that you consult a dermatologist nearby and get your skin analysed, so that appropriate treatment can be suggested.
Take care
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor