Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Have Wegener s granulomatosis. Want information about treatment facility

My son, Md. Shawkat Ali is suffering from"Rheumatology : WEGENER'S GRANULOMATOSIS since about quite few years. I am interested to know if you kindly suggest me about any treatment facility with name of Doctor and expenses to be incurred , possibly in Bangladesh or India, specially Kolkata or New Delhi......... Thank you very much.

My name is Jalal Uddin Ahmed, email : YYYY@YYYY , Mobile +88-0000 385 299
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
wegeners granulomatosis is disorder characterised by inflamation of blood vessels,,it may affect kidney lungs..reason for this is auto antibodies targeted to our own cells...
treatment facility is there for this disorder,,it contains coricosteriod and an immunosuppresive drug to supress the immune status for a period of 18-24 months..and to maintain remission new drug is approved that is RITUXIMAB...
regular maintenance is required after the treatment..

consult your local physician,he/she will guide you where to go..dont do late for this disorder..
hope you will understand my suggestion.
thank you
Dr siddartha
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor