Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have PCOS, heavy bleeding. Undergo RASPA?

hi collen from the phil. i have case of PCOS ,im 25 year old im single i have a heavy bleeding everytime i had my period . and now my OB gave me a medicine that can stop bleeding,but she told me, within % days if nothing change and i still have a heavy bleeding i have to undergo Raspa? do i have to undergo of raspa?im just scared pls help me thank you..i need your answer..
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Dear.Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC.
If there is heavy bleeding then RASPA can be done to make your periods regular.
RASPA procedure or dilatation and curettage is a fairly simple procedure which will be done under a local or a regional anaesthesia.
It is a fairly simple procedure and usually has no complications if done by experienced hands.
Your periods might be irregular initially but then you will be fine.There might be slight abdominal pain after the procedure which can be easily tackled by medicines.
So there is nothing to worry about it,you can go for the procedure fearlessly.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.
Answered: Thu, 2 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor