Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Have Arnold chiary malformation type 1, didn't go for surgery, took ayurvedic treatment, better. Recurred now. What to do ?

iam 54 years old now.During the year 1998 I was suffering from severe head ache and feeling unbalancing while walking.eyes were seen not focusing whenever I look to an object.That is vibrating too fastly.After MRI it is known I have Arnold chiary malformation type 1.Doctor suggested surgery.But fearing the complication sugery not done.I have been admitted in an ayurvedic hospital and carried out 45 days treatment and the decease almost cured.But after passing 13 years without much problems,now I am feeling as before.Doctor, what should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. Arnold Chiari malformation type I is a difficult condition to deal with and you might have needed surgery. However you seem to have made an informed choice not to do so. I also think that your taking ayurvedic treatment may be helpful. I would continue to do whatever you are doing as the symptoms are not getting worse, and with your belief in the system of medications I recommend that you keep taking the medications. I hope this helps with relieving your anxiety as well.

I hope this helps. Take care! Have a lovely day!
Answered: Tue, 28 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor