Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Has tricuspid regurtitaion. What treatments to control the pressure of teenager?

My 14yr old son has tricuspid regurtitaion and now his right side pressure is registering 35, and he said normal would be around 20. He is going to do another echo in 2 months to see if the pressure has changed. If the pressure does not go down or it increases, what will this mean for my son. What kind of treatments do they perform for control the pressure in someone who is 14?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
The commonest cause for Tricuspid Regurgitation is NOT in the valve itself.
It is usually secondary to Pulmonary valve or Pulmonary artery pressure rise - which itself may be from left heart problems.
No treatment directed at the regurgitation is generally needed.
If the cause is found and treatable, this will resolve without any primary procedure at it.
You need to follow the pressure / Follow up with Paediatric Cardiologist (Heart Specialist for Children)
Good Luck / All the best
Answered: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor