Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Hard lumps on pubic area that are occasionally itchy, feel sore on trying to pop. What could it be?

I have hard red lumps on pubic area? What is this? I am a 16 year old female. These lumps are sometimes itchy and are sore when tried to pop or press hard. I am not worried these are something to do with an STI as I have been checked at a clinic not long ago. I sometimes have These bumps and lumps a lot all of a sudden. But can go up to a month without seeing them but the always return. I am slightly worried there s something wrong with me and curious to find out what they are and it can be quite embarrassing. Also over a year ago now I had one, It was popped and quickly healed up and went. But I have been left with a constant balled spot and it is very smooth skin where the hair should have grown back, this is also a concern
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
From the description given, these could either be bacterial infection of hair follicles( boils) or molluscum contagiosum. I would advise that you meet a dermatologist nearby and get these lesions examined. If these are boils, application of any topical antibacterial cream would help. If these are lesions of molluscum contagiosum, extraction would be required.
Hope this helped.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 29 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor