Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Had vasectomy reversal, no sperm showing up on the tests. What should i do? Is there a blockage in the tube?

Hello Doctor, My husband and I are tying to have a baby. He is 45 years old and has had a vasectomy reversal 3 years ago however, there still is no sperm showing up on the tests? What should he do now? Do you think there is a blockage in the tube? He had visited the specialist who performed the surgery and he advised that having another surgery will lessen the chance of us conceiving and has referred us to a fertility clinic to see if there is a blockage. Is there anything else we can do?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
In my opinion, if there are no sperms in the semen after 3 years of vasectomy reversal, it means that the surgery has not been successful. Even though anatomical restoration may have been done, functional blockage is still present. Chances of success after repeat surgery are poor, hence you should consider IVF/PESA/ICSI as an option for fertility.
Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor