Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Had migraines from a long time. Extreme knots in shoulder, neck. Which specialist should I see?

Hi I am 31 Years old and have had migraines for about 8 years now. They used to be treatable my exedrine migraine medicine and now the only medicine that will stop the pain is Sumatriptain. The doctor has tried a bunch of different perventative medicines but none of it is working and the migraines are getting worse each year. For the past 3 months the migraines have been followed by extreme knots in my shoulder area and into my neck . Is there a reason this might be or a certain doctor I should see, my normal doctor is not the best at following up so I m trying to find a good doctor for this sort of thing.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response


Welcome to HCM,

Thanks for the query,

You may consult a neurologist/headache specialist who will help you through clinical evaluation and investigations. They will guide you select proper prophylactic medications for your migraine.

Hope this clarifies
Best wishes
Dr Gopal K Dash MD, DM, Post-doctoral fellowship (Epilepsy)
Consultant Neurologist and Epilepsy specialist
Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital, Bangalore
My Blog in the Web site:

Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor