Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Had an increase in height to an age of 12, now its not happening whats the reason, and what are the remedies ?

Hi Im 15 years old right now. When I was 12 I was very tall for that age From the next year onwards my height stopped increasing I tried some exercises but it didnt worked much Now I m among the short ones At 12 years of age, I was 5 feet 3 inches now I m just 5 feet 5 inches I m 15 but my body seems to be mature. I mean I have a full grown beard moustache and grown reproductive parts I do take very nutritious food and do exercise My father is 6 feet n mother 5.5 feet What is the problem with me???
Asked On : Fri, 18 Nov 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi young one,
You have 6 more years to go before you stop growing in height.I suggest you do tadassan[a form of yoga] to help you grow.Eat a well balanced diet and DO NOT DO WEIGHT LIFTING now---this will stunt your growth.Try pullups and cycling---this also helps in linear growth.
Answered: Thu, 24 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Don't loose heart as there are couple of years more for you to gain height.Keep doing regular exercises and take proper nutrition.For consolation you can even consult an endocrinologist,who may investigate you lest you may have some hormonal deficiency.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Sat, 19 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor