Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Child's height is less. Remedies to increase height?

Hi, I have 02 daughters, they are 12 years and 08 years 04 months old. The growth and height of my elder daughter is OK but my younger daughter s (student of standard II) height is only 125 cm which is seems to be lesser than other children of her age or class. My height is 5 -7 and my wife s height is 5 -2 . Can you please suggest me any remedies ? what are the treatment available for height increase ?
Asked On : Tue, 27 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  249
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Mosaddek,
Thanks for writing in,
As per standard height weight chart of girls height of your younger girl is quite normal.
At this age a girl should have 118.2 cms height and about 19.4 kg weight.
This is the age when a child has maximum growth of height is there.
So nothing to worry.
Give her high protein nourishing diet like milk,cereals,pulses,cheese.panier etc.
Ask her to go for exercise like jogging,jumping ropes,cycling,swimming.
You may give calcium and multivitamin supplements.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 21 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor