Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Gums affected, having headaches due to bad tooth. How can I get relief?

yes i have a bad tooth its all gone up to the gum it started out hurting i keep oragel on it but now ive gotten where im having headaches and im soar around my eye and the top of my nose im coughing up alot of flem which i think is infection not sure though it just about makes me gag it taste and smells so bad havent benn to a dentist yet cant afford one .{My question is could this be infection and can it kill me?} i cant afford a dentist and yall want me to pay yall what is wrong with america today every thing has got to be about money but it aint. thanks anyway ill try to get help or answers elsewhere
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Youhave a sinus infection from your symptoms of headache and coughing up phlegm.For the time being you can overcome it with some treatment for the infection.You can use Otrivin nasal drops 2-3 drops put in the nose tilted well back,twice daily to be followed by steam inhalation..for 5 days.Also an antibiotic like Moxclav 625 twice daily for 7 days,a cetrizine tab nightly for 10 days and Tab. Zerodol for 3 days twice daily should surely give u much relief till you can see a dentist later.Avoid head bath for a couple of days.Also cold foods for some time.
Answered: Sun, 8 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The infection you are having in your mouth needs systemic antibiotics - broad spectrum like metronidazole and cefixime. All these are prescription medicines and need careful dose regulation. Please see your dentist for needed prescriptions.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sun, 8 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor