Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Growth in the neck gland below dental work. Had filling on teeth months ago. Related?

I had two bottom right side moor teeth . Filled november2012. They were drilled out deeply and afterward were sensative when chewing food or gum for the next 8months followed. One week ago a growth in the neck gland below the dental work has formed an I am scheduled for a sonogram tomorrow. Should I be concerned that this may have been due to the dental work and see a dentist?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dentist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Since the growth has developed below the dental work,abscess may be developed at the periapical area of filled tooth,due to spread of infection into pulp and periapical area.
Please do visit a dentist and get root canal treatment or pulp capping done depending on the involvement of infection.
Take complete course of antibiotics prescribed by your dentist.
The growth will disappear once the entire pus within the growth has drained out.
Also make sure that you are maintaining oral hygiene well.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 17 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor