Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Got cartilage ear piercing, infected, swollen. What do to?

Hi my name is loreal, I just got an cartillage ear piercing, but it got infected and I ended up in the hospital for 5 days and was treated with antibiotic IV. it has been 3 weeks and the swollen, oozing came back again. I ve been on clyndamicine, cephalexin and steroids but no improvement. I m desperate I don t know what to do anymore. Please help...
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi Loreal thanks for your question Your surgical wound of ear piercing got infected and unfortunately it was incompletly treated that is why infection relapsed after 3 weeks.Infection in bone and cartilage are relatively difficult to treat.The antibiotics you are taking are broat spectrum and cover a large spectrum of bacteria.Continue with antibiotics and also go for local dressing of the wound.culture sensitivity of the materail oozing out is advisible.Hopefully wound will heal completely.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor