Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Give me some ideas by which i can grow height and what diet should be taken ?

I want to grow height even at the age of 19 Doctor i am charan and i am 19 years old i am 5 3 and i do exercise daily. I do skipping thrice a day and i go to gym and do cycling and stretching exercises daily but still i am not growing. I don't know the perfect diet what should be i want to take a perfect diet .From my friends i got an information that boys can crow upto 21 years and i also read many articles in Internet and everything says a good diet with good exercise is more important to grow a good height even at the age of 19 years.So,doctor please suggest me some ideas by which i can grow height and also tell me what diet should be taken.thank you doctor.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Yes you are right that the height of male grows upto 21 years so even yours will grow.The height of a person depends and is always in proportion to the height of his parents so your height will be like your parents as it is genetic.Also please understand that the gorwth takes place in spurts during the growing years so even you will grow.Please continue exercise and healthy diet and you will grow till 21 yrs of age.
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Manohar Babu KV's  Response

Normally boys stop growing by 15 - 16 years.
In your case it is unlikelly to grow once your physiological age is more than 19 years.
now a days we do lenghthening surgeries of the legs. you can get more information below


Dr Manohar Babu KV
Consultant Pediatric Orthopaedics and Deformity Correction
Apollo Hospitals
Answered: Sun, 26 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor