Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Foul body odour, urine, sweat smell. Thyroid surgery done for nodules on left thyroid. Treatment?

I have a very bad body odor , my urine smells bad, my sweat smells bad, I always feel tired. I have had thyroid surgery due to nodules on my left thyroid (I currently am diagnosed with hypothyroidism ), I am 51 years old and don t know what the cause could be for my very bad smelling urine, sweat, and body odor, as well as my feeling of always being tired, any help?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  457
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Body odor & sweat smell can't be changed. Regarding smell of urine, it might be concentrated urine giving that smell. You can drink plenty of water to dilute urine & keep that smell away. Regarding feeling of tiredness, just check your thyroid levels. If its not well controlled, you can ask your doctor to adjust dose of thyroxine accordingly.
Hope this helps you.
Answered: Thu, 5 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor