Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Filariasis treatment in andhra pradesh

My Mother aged 65 years and suffering with Filariasis since 55 years effected with left leg heavily (40 Kg of weight) and due to this she is continuously getting wounds on her leg and getting fever also. Skin is became very ruff. Now we would like to take her for surgery . Will you please suggest any better treatment available in Andhra pradesh?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  489
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Since she has developed lot of fluid under her skin due to filariasis the skin gets damaged and forms ulcers. Keep the legs elevated, the wound needs regular dressing. Surgery can be done in any reputed hospitals in which the Surgeons are trained for debulking surgeries. Most probably Govt. Hospitals will be able to do them or you can visit Manipal Hospital.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. Bed rest, limb elevation, and compression bandages have traditionally been used to treat chronic lymphedema in filariasis. Corticosteroids can be used to soften and reduce the swelling of lymphedematous tissues. Correction of gross limb elephantiasis with surgery is less successful and may require multiple procedures and skin grafting. You must visit any good surgeon to get it operated upon. Wish you good health.
Answered: Thu, 11 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Helo mr. in ayurveda thr is one jaluka therapy , it gives wonderful result , and aftr tat no need of surgery , so u soon contact ur nearer ayurvedic consultant. Thax u...
Answered: Fri, 29 Jul 2011
  User's Response
before surgery try Quinine tabs under medical supervision. most probably she will not require surgery.
Answered: Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor