Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Fever, very high. Do we need to see a doctor?

My 3 yr old daughter went for swimming yesterday...she was absolutely fine before swimming...late night she had fever it was 100 I gave her crocin ds today whole day she was having fever I gave her three times fever medicine in a day right now she is having 102 degree again I gave her severe it is??do we need to c doc???
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query
High grade fever needs to treated by proper effective antibiotic for which your need to consult your doctor and proper choice and dose. There are possibility of viral fever and chest infection.
Till you consult your follow some precautions:
1. Protect your child from cold climate and wet cloths.
2. Keep her warm
3. Do not give her cold drinks, cold water or spicy and oily food.
4. If there is cough give steam inhalation if possible
5. Continue giving crocin to reduce fever.

Hope this will help you.
Best wishes and get well soon
Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor