Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Eye irritation, no redness or dryness, noticed hair sticking out of tear duct, seems to be growing there. Normal?

My eyes began to feel irritated today, but there is no redness or dryness. Upon closer investigation, I noticed a hair sticking out of my tear duct. I initially thought it was a stray eyelash , but it seems to be in there pretty good, so I think it may be actually growing vs being misplaced. Is this normal? What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  596
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi Rita.dennison,
Welcome to HCM.
I think your hair ( from your eye lash)must have got misplaced in the punctual opening near the nasal side of the eye. You can try removing it by just pulling it out or if that doesn't work,get it done with your eye doctor who will do it with a forceps under a slit lamp and give you some soothing eyedrops for short term usage.

Hope you get your relief soon. Take care.

Answered: Sun, 16 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor