Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Extreme pain in tooth, found a hole in middle of teeth. Relief from pain?

my tooth has been hurting for a while now. i thought it was my wisdom tooth but recently i would have binge periods of excruciating pain. tonight i finally looked at it to see if i would be able to see anything and in my bottom teeth all the way in the back is a hole smack in the middle of my teeth. Its not black or brown but its pretty big and my gum is showing.. it hurts . im going to the dentist tomorrow afternoon but i need to know what to do to suppress it before i go back to bed and what to do if it starts hurting me during school.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  302
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query
you might be having Cavity in your teeth
You need to visit Dentist who just check all teeth & If he feels Roots of your teeth is Ok suggest you only filling otherwise Root canal treatment & after that filling of cavity advised so no particles goes inside & you get relief of it.
Get an x-ray done and plan your tratment according to it.
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Dentist Dr. Neha Gupta's  Response
Thanks for sharing your concern with us
This pain came from a cavity that had virtually reached the root. you have to visit dentist for root canal treatment if there is no other cause i.e. fracture.
Till then you can apply tea tree oil and a clean medicine dropper. With care, put 3-4 drops of the oil onto the affected tooth/teeth and leave it for at least 30 minutes. Tea tree oil has very good healing and antibacterial properties which would help alleviate the pain and kill the bacteria.
You only need about 6-8 tablespoons of salt and about a cup of water. Just wait for the salt to completely dissolve before you gargle the solution for about 1-2 minutes. Repeating the process a few times may be necessary to make the pain subside significantly.
You can contact me again directly through my profile.
Dr Neha Gupta
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response
hi and welcome to HCM,

Pain in the tooth indicates Pulpitis , that is inflammation of the tooth nerve tissue by bacterial infection either by dental caries or by periodontal infection .

extent of infection and treatment plan can be decided after X RAY examination of the affected area.

Consult adentist and get a x ray done , accordingly tooth with pulpal involvement and pain is treated by Root canal treatment , that is remvoing the infected nerve , disinfecting and devitalising the tooth permanently. This is followed by permanent restoration of the tooth.

Meantime to relive pain you can start with antibiotic amoxycillin with analgesics to subside pain and prevent further damage.

i hope this helps,
take care.
Answered: Mon, 25 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor