Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Extra skin covering penis, unable to urinate freely, pain on urinating. Treatment options?

IHello doctor i got one serious problem . There is an extra skin covered my penis so that i can t go to urine . It looks like blocked drip by drip it is coming . Means i am taking so much time to urine . It is causing so much pain while urine . I can t say this to any body and i an ashamed from this problem of mine . Upper skin has closed. What shall i do . Is it have a solution . Many times feels like dying to me . I am afraid that will i go mad and do some thing bad for myself . Please suggest me a solution . Which doctor should i go .
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  361
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Urologist 's  Response
First thing is you need not worry about your problem and there is nothing to be ashamed of. By your information I gather that extra thing you are referring to is called prepuce. In some individual the prepuce will not retract and can cause obstruction to urinary flow and this is called phimosis. You have not mentioned your age and I assume you are young and hence ruling out prostatic enlargement as a cause of urinary problem. Phimosis can be corrected by a simple surgery. Stop worrying and visit a urologist.
take care
Answered: Thu, 24 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor