Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Experiencing an elevated BP, had throat infection. Can i control it through exercise?

I am 45 years old and am experiencing an elevated bp of 150/100 for the past 5 days. Just a few days ago, i had a throat infection and checked my bp which was 135/80, and was placed on antibiotics. My physician has checked my ecg which was ok. Blood tests on fasting are - glucose - fasting - 93mg.dl, creatining 0.7 mg/dl, HDL - 37 mg/dl, LDL - 116 mg/dl, triglycerided - 178mg/dl. I have not been exercising for the past 3 months and generally take less salt, have vegetables and fruits regularly ( vegetarian) and do not consume alcohol. Is this a temporary? Can I bring it under control by exercising? I have noticed that my BP generally is on the higher range especially during winter.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Some of the medicines used for sore throat can increase blood pressure especially the oral decongestants. Please monitor your BP regularly and if it remains high in a sustained manner, do consult a physician for this. Marginal hypertension can be controlled with diet control (low salt and low fat diet) and exercise. BP going high in winters is a known phenomenon and increased water intake and low fat diet can help in this.
Answered: Sat, 5 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor