Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Excessive sleep, tingling and numbness in legs, chest and abdominal pains. Remedy?

I m 31 years old and have moved to an unknown country where I sometimes just lay on my bed(currently a futon on hardwood floor), and sleep for excessive hours. I am not totally inactive, but since winter hit my physical activity has lessened. I am obese. For awhile now, I started to have numbness and tingling sensation in my toes and hands. Lately tho, I have been having pain in my left leg, with tingling and numbness, burning and itching sensations. I also have gotten numbness on my arms, hands, feet , legs and stomach just sleeping on my back. I also have some chest and abdominal pains that come and go frequently and it seems the symptoms are getting worse. I am not sure if it effecting my neck , but I do feel a sensation on the right side. The right side of my body is more painful then the left and behind my right knee is painful and tender to touch. There also feels like what could be a lump. It seems as if I put any pressures or bend my limbs certain ways they tingle and go numb. I am scared as it seems the numbness it s starting to go to other places of my body and that it will travel to my brain. Just typing this on my cell phone is making my fingers tingle and feeling numb. I know the best solution is to seek medical help, but I am low on cash at this time and in a foreign country. What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I believe that you need to relate you entire history with a physician who can help deal with the condition. The symptoms you describe are very vague and may be an ominous sign of a condition like diabetes or hypertension which can only be detected by medical examination as well as lab testing and probably required imaging studies. I advise you to consult a doctor as soon as possible to avoid any complications in the future.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor