Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Elevated bilrubin, occasional mild elevation in SGPT and SGOT, diagnosed to be Gilbert's. Serious?

Dear Doctor, I am having elevated bilirubin level, My HbsAg , HCV reports are negative. One or two times my SGPT & SGOT level also slightly elevated. I am physically fit & not facing any health problems. I consulted a gastroenterologist and he said it is Gilbert s syndrome and nothing to worry. Pls tell me it is normal condition or any complication in future?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query
In Gilbert Syndrome, nothing has to be done because it does not cause any symptoms. If you have diagnosed need not to be worry. Keep a check on Bilirubin level and consult your doctor id you have any symptoms like pain abdomen, indigestion, yellow coloration of eye and nails. You can take certain precautions and note if it works or not:
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Avoid all kind of fatty, oily and spicy food. Take baked food as much as you can.
3. Reduce your weight if you are overweight.
4. Do regular exercise and keep yourself active.
5. Take some Liver tonic like Liv 52.
You are seen by a good doctor so keep in touch of him and follow the advices.
Best Wishes and have a healthy life.
Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor