Does weight gain cause high blood sugar and heart attack leading to death?

I currently take One injection 18 units in evening of Basaglar KwikPen., along with Javovia pill in the am each day. I have several side effects. Iam suffering severe muscle spasms in the neck and shoulder area, also severe weight gain. I started on insulin late January til current. I always kept my weight at 128 up to 130. I am petite and 4 11 . As of today my weight is 140 and I have developed fat throughout my body where I never had fat before. Went up two bra sizes and my clothes don t fit. My pants were petite 12/14, now Iam at size P18. I look and feel awful. My A1C when I started was 10 I am now down to 6.7. My question is this: Do I die from high sugar or heart attack from this gross weight gain. Also, the myalgia I am suffering is excruciating and I need to see my rheumatologist for meds on this condition. What would you recommend?
Tue, 11 Sep 2018

Obesity and weight gain can cause more risk for cardiovascular complications including stroke and heart attack. So follow a good diet and do frequent exercises.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician