Does the following MRI report indicate a need for a surgery?

5.12.18 MRI shows i have 2 herniated disc pressing on 2 nerve roots also L3-4 annular disc bulge disc pressing nerve root a 2 mil synovial cyst thecal sac & dorsal margin of L5 nerve root, unable to walk 100 ft without stopping with severe pain, do i need surgery
Fri, 31 Aug 2018

You are having sharp pain because of nerve compression.

The surgery is advisable in your case like that of laminotomy and required other surgery. Until then you can be prescribed pregabalin or gabapentin like medication for neuropathic pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.