Does stress cause amenorrhea along with headaches and difficulty in losing weight?

I am 35 years old, and a mother of two children, ages 8 and 2. I am recently divorced from my husband. I haven t had my period in 5 months. I am getting headaches and can t seem to lose weight. I am not pregnant! What could be the problem? I have had a history of late periods, but not this long! Could stress be a factor? Please advise.
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Stress can probably be the reason for amenorrhea; and equally stress might be the reason for headache. Consult a psychiatrist, short term anxiolytics might help you feel better. Also consult your gynecologist.

I hope I have solved your query.

Feel free to ask further questions.